Anaheim is a bustling city in Orange County, Southern California, attracting visitors from different corners of the globe, thanks to its world-famous attractions. While it’s mainly recognized for Disneyland, there is more to this city. The city boasts several shopping centers, cool neighborhoods, splendid weather, a range of entertainment opportunities, and incredible outdoor adventures.
There are plenty of restaurants, hotels & resorts, and parks to visit. Planning to go sightseeing in California? Anaheim is full of fun adventures that will have every traveler yearning for more. Here is the ultimate travel guide for this California city.
How To Get Around Anaheim
Anaheim, United States
To get to Anaheim, vacationers need to fly to Los Angeles International Airport, John Wayne Airport, or Long Beach Airport. One can also get to the city on a train.
- Distance to Anaheim from Los Angeles International Airport: 55 km
- Distance to Anaheim from John Wayne Airport: 18 km
- Distance to Anaheim from Long Beach Airport: 20 km
There are many ways to get around the city. Public transportation is the most popular and convenient means, especially for visitors exploring the city on a budget.
The Anaheim Resort Transit (ART) covers 20 different routes across the city, and most buses connect various hotels to Disneyland and other iconic attractions.
To get to any other destination in Los Angeles, the Metrolink is the best option. A taxi is a great option for tourists exploring outside the city limits.
Anaheim’s Disneyland Parks
Holding the adorable title, ‘’The Happiest Place on Earth,’’ Disneyland Park in Anaheim is a top tourist destination in the world and offers unforgettable experiences for vacationers of all interests and ages.
The resort is divided into themed lands offering unique shows, rides, and beautiful attractions. This amazing destination boasts two theme parks.
The Disneyland Park
Disneyland Park, Anaheim, United States
Disneyland Park is the original Disney Park that Walt Disney designed and completed himself. The park received its first visitors in 1955 and has undergone numerous innovations and renovations.
At Disneyland Park, vacationers can explore seven themed lands, including the Main Street:
- Critter Country
- Star Wars
- Toontown New Orleans Square
Disneyland can be busy, so plan ahead for a visit.
California Adventure Park
California Adventure Park, Disneyland Drive, Anaheim, CA, USA
Launched in 2001, California Adventure Park has gone through several transformations before it faced another grand reopening in 2012.
The park was constructed in the original parking lot of Disneyland Park. It includes six themed lands:
- Cars Land
- Grizzly Peak
- Hollywood Land
- Pacific Wharf
- Avengers Campus
Top Historical Sites In Anaheim
Looking to experience the best of Anaheim’s history? There are several historical landmarks to connect to this charming city in California.
From parks to monuments to historical buildings to palaces, these are the top historical sites in Anaheim.
Founder’s Park offers vacationers an incredible chance of learning the agricultural history of Anaheim. The main highlights are two beautiful historic homes that have been major field trip destinations among learning institutions for almost 50 years.
The oldest home dates back to 1857, Mother Colony House. The other home, Woelke-Stoffel House was constructed in 1894 during the citrus era in the city.
Both homes are on the National Register of Historic Places and give a wonderful insight into Anaheim’s agricultural heritage.
- Open House Tours hours: Every Saturday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Anaheim Packing District
Anaheim Packing House, Anaheim Packing District, Anaheim, United States
Anaheim Parking District is home to four historic landmarks: The Packing House, Packard Building, Farmers Park, and MAKE Building.
- The Parking House: This building dates back to 1919, during the citrus period in Orange County. It was the center of commerce in the area and had local farmers unloading numerous trucks of citrus. The house is now one of the most beautiful places in Anaheim, boasting fresh produce and some of the best culinary talents that contribute to Southern California having one of the finest dining scenes in the world.
- MAKE Building: Originally built in 1917 as a marmalade factory, MAKE Building has become one of the top places to hang out in Anaheim. Some of the best companies in the city are based here, including Unsung Brewing Company, Jav’s BBQ, and Pali Wine Company.
- Packard Building: Constructed in 1925 as an automotive showroom, Packard Building has gone through a series of modifications, and now performs new functions.
- Famers Park: Farmers Park is a great place to attend gardening classes, community yoga, or catch one of the many special events held there.
Honda Center first opened in 1993 and was initially named Anaheim Arena. Later, it welcomes fans at a sold-out Barry Manilow concert.
Over the years, it’s been a renowned venue for concerts and has hard world-recognized celebrities like Maroon 5, Ariana Grande, and Justine Timberlake.
The arena has hosted more than 4,000 events and has welcomed more than 43 million visitors since it opened.
Now owned by the city of Anaheim and home to Anaheim Ducks, Honda Center is one of the best historic centers to explore and offers unique experiences to every traveler.
Ralph B. Clark Regional Park
Ralph B. Clark Regional Park has a long, incredible history that dates back to more than 10,000 years ago when much of it was marshes, oak woodlands, and lush meadows inhabited by an ancient mammoth, ground sloths, and over 70 different creatures.
It was launched in 1981 as Los Coyotes Regional Park and renamed in 1987. It is a great place to go and have some relaxing moments away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Location: Under 15 kilometers northwest of downtown Anaheim.
Best Things To Do In Anaheim
Convention Center, Anaheim, United States
Explore the Bustling Downtown District
Anaheim’s downtown has been through a lot of modifications and now boasts a whole different vibe. One of the most spectacular places to explore is the Packing District.
There are a lot of things to see here, including the historic Packing House, which is a foodie paradise, the MAKE Building, and the historical Center St. Promenade.
Anaheim Convention Center
Anaheim Convention Center West Coast’s largest convention center, and is home to some of the most recognized conventions, shows, and global meetings, such as the National Association of Music (NAMM) and Natural Products Expo West.
Launched in 1967, the convention center covers 53 acres and is among the best places to explore Anaheim, California. Vacationers can some of the most amazing trade shows, events, and so much more.
Yorba Regional Park
Located in the eastern part of Anaheim, Yorba Regional Park is a beautiful linear park covering one mile in length. The Park features numerous bike paths and four magnificent lakes.
There are a lot of fun activities for vacationers in the park, including volleyball, horseback riding, biking, and wildlife spotting. Children can have fun in many of the park’s playgrounds.
Enjoy Some Live Music
Anaheim is known for its incredible live music scene and has hosted several concerts. Some of the top places to visit are the House of Blues, located in the Anaheim GardenWalk, and the Honda Center.
Some of the world’s best music icons, including The Rolling, Madonna, and David Bowie have performed in this city during their tours.
Have Fun At Knott’s Berry Farm
Located in Buena Park, Knott’s Berry Farm is one of the best things to do in Anaheim. It’s filled with roller coasters, and waterslides, and when combined with Knott’s Soak City, it is one of California’s best theme parks, offering endless fun experiences for families.
Where To Stay In Anaheim
Anaheim has many places to stay, but hotels around Disneyland are the most impressive because they give access to Disneyland Resort and California Adventure Park. Here are the best hotels to consider in Anaheim.
Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim (Budget)
Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim offers everything a traveler would need for an unforgettable vacation, including proximity to Disneyland Resort.
Visitors staying here can also easily access Honda Center, Event Center, and Anaheim Convention Center.
- Accommodation: Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim
- Address: 300 East Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802
- Amenities: Outdoor pool, fitness center, room service, free Wi-Fi, tea/coffee maker, coffee machine, business center, Wi-Fi available in all areas, flat-screen TV, and cable or satellite TV
Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel (Mid-Range)
Covering 20,000 square feet, Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel is an amazing place to stay, placing travelers only five minutes away from MUZEO and The Outlets at Orange.
The hotel features lavish rooms and incredible amenities, including an available self-parking on-site.
- Accommodation: Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel
- Address: 900 South Disneyland Drive, Anaheim, CA 9280
- Amenities: Outdoor pool, fitness center, restaurant, bar/lounge, room service, free Wi-Fi, tea/coffee maker, coffee machine, and coffee shop.
JW Marriott, Anaheim Resort (Luxury)
JW Marriott, Anaheim Resort is one of the city’s top luxury hotels and features beautiful rooms, a signature restaurant serving tasty dishes, and a rooftop bar with incredible sunset views.
Covering 40,000 sq ft, JW Marriott’s accommodation experiences are unique every time one visits.
- Accommodation: JW Marriott, Anaheim Resort
- Address: 1775 South Clementine Street, Anaheim, CA 92802
- Amenities: Outdoor pool, fitness center, room service, tea/coffee maker, coffee machine, valet parking, business center, and a flat-screen TV.
Where To Eat The Best Food In Anaheim
Anaheim, Anaheim, United States
- Original Pancake House: This restaurant is one of the best for breakfast, and is known for its finest pancakes. Some of the items on the menu include Apple pancakes, Swedish pancakes, German pancakes, Dutch baby, banana pancakes, cottage cheese pancakes, and more.
- Reunion Kitchen + Drink: At the Reunion, everyone will find something they love. The restaurant strives to create an environment where guests feel comfortable with everything, from the food to creatively crafted cocktails to quality service.
- Baci di Firenze Trattoria: This is an Italian restaurant known for its outstanding customer service and the highest quality Italian dishes, all at reasonable prices. It is one of the best places in the city to get dinner.
How To Spend A Perfect Day In Anaheim
Anaheim, Anaheim, United States
Disneyland alone needs more than 24 hours to explore the best of it. But there are lesser-visited gems that vacationers can focus on during their day trips to Anaheim.
Start with K1 Speed, and enjoy riding go-karts. Morning hours are the best time to visit since there are only a few people to race with.
From there, grab some eats at a local restaurant. Oysters and tacos in Anaheim are some of the tastiest in California. Try some!
After lunch, spend some time exploring the city’s wine culture at a local brewery. The Bruery Terreux is a great spot. Visit Anaheim Packing House in Packing District and explore the goodies in the establishment.
From here, one can head for dinner, and happily call it a well-spent day.
With so much to explore, a trip to Anaheim is always worth it.
Q: Is Anaheim worth visiting?
Anaheim in Orange County is an amazing place to explore, and not just because of its ”Happiest Place in the World,” also known as Disneyland, there is a lot to experience in this beautiful California City.
The city boasts several shopping centers, cool neighborhoods, splendid weather, a range of entertainment opportunities, and incredible outdoor adventures. There are plenty of restaurants, hotels & resorts, and parks to visit. Sightseeing in Anaheim is definitely fun and will leave every traveler yearning for more.
Q: What is Anaheim best known for?
Anaheim is best known for its bustling Disneyland Resort. Holding the adorable title, ‘’The Happiest Place on Earth,’’ Disneyland Resort in Anaheim is a top tourist destination in the world and offers unforgettable experiences for vacationers of all interests and ages. The resort is divided into themed lands offering unique shows, rides, and beautiful attractions. This amazing destination boasts two theme parks: The original Disneyland Park and California Adventure Park.
Anaheim is also popular for being home to two amazing sports teams: the baseball team, theLos Angeles Angels and the ice hockey club, Anaheim Ducks.
Q: Is Anaheim a walkable city?
Anaheim is a city with several parks, playgrounds, nature reserves, walkway, and dog parks that vacationers can explore on foot. However, some destinations will require either public transportation, an Uber, or a rental vehicle to explore.
Q: How do you get around in Anaheim?
Visitors have a lot of options for getting around Anaheim. Public transportation is the most popular and convenient means, especially for visitors exploring the city on a budget. The Anaheim Resort Transit (ART) covers 20 different routes across the city, and most buses connect various hotels to Disneyland and other iconic and even offbeat attractions. If planning to get to any other destination in Los Angeles, the Metrolink is the best option.
A taxi is a great option for tourists exploring outside the city limits.
Q: Is one day enough for Disneyland Anaheim?
Most Disneygoers would agree that it takes at least a weekend to see most of Disneyland, or at least the best parts. But there are some highlights to focus on, especially for families that only have one day to check it all out.
Fit in all the top attractions in a single day, but plan to return again to do more!