Ohio is a diverse and historic state located in the Midwest, offering a range of attractions and destinations for visitors. Whether you’re interested in outdoor activities, cultural experiences, or historical sites, Ohio has something for everyone. Here are the five best places to visit on a road trip in Ohio.
- Cincinnati – Cincinnati is a city known for its rich history, vibrant arts scene, and delicious food. Visitors can tour the Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal, enjoy a performance at the Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, or sample some of the city’s famous chili. Cincinnati is also home to several beautiful parks and outdoor spaces, including the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden.
- Cleveland – Cleveland is a city on the shores of Lake Erie, offering a range of cultural and outdoor attractions. Visitors can tour the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, visit the Cleveland Museum of Art, or catch a performance at the Cleveland Orchestra. The city is also home to several beautiful parks and outdoor spaces, including the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo and the Cleveland Botanical Garden.
- Columbus – Columbus is the capital city of Ohio and is home to a range of museums, cultural institutions, and historic sites. Visitors can tour the Ohio Statehouse, visit the Columbus Museum of Art, or learn about the state’s history at the Ohio Historical Society. The city is also known for its vibrant food scene, with a range of restaurants and bars offering everything from traditional Ohio cuisine to world-class cuisine.
- Hocking Hills State Park – Hocking Hills State Park is a beautiful area of Ohio known for its natural beauty and outdoor recreation. Visitors can hike in the park, go fishing or kayaking in the Hocking River, or take a scenic drive along the Hocking Hills Scenic Byway. The park is also home to a range of unique rock formations, waterfalls, and caves, making it a must-visit destination for nature lovers.
- Amish Country – Ohio’s Amish Country is a unique area located in the northern part of the state, offering a glimpse into a simpler way of life. Visitors can take a tour of the countryside, visit an Amish farm, or sample some of the area’s delicious food, including fresh-baked goods and traditional comfort food. The area is also known for its beautiful scenery, with rolling hills and picturesque farmland making it a must-visit destination for nature lovers.
These are just a few of the many great places to visit on a road trip in Ohio. With its rich history, vibrant arts scene, and beautiful natural spaces, Ohio is a must-visit destination for travelers of all interests.
If you like my content, you can signup for my free newsletter below.